The video below contains some basic, yet essential teachings on non-human entities and their profound, but hidden role in the drama of human life..
How to Play the Chod Damaru
In spite of the variations between lineage or tradition of Chod that you practice, certain principles, methods and meanings are wholly consistent. The correct methods of damaru playing is one of those basic principles that has a surprisingly important impact on the effectiveness of our practice, both for ourselves and for healing others.
This short tutorial covers the basics of playing the Chod Damaru or Choda.
Playing the Chod Damaru
The main points in playing the Chod damaru are:
1. “Pointy finger” firm grip of the handle
2. Keeping the arm upright while playing (don’t tilt the damaru)
3. Turning the Chod damaru 180â€¢ or face-to-face
4. Don’t accelerate, especially at the end, but keep a slow, even speed
5. Rather than trying to make the beaters strike, ignore them and just rotate evenly and calmly.
6. Avoid “pumping” the damaru…
7. You and the damaru are one!