HEALING OUR DEPARTED LOVED ONES
A FREE COMMUNITY SERVICE
Send in the Name and Birthdate of your Friends, Relatives & Loved Ones!
GUIDING the AFTERLIFE
Tibetan Buddhism has developed unique ways to help guide and heal the “soul” of individuals who have left this body and this life. Their future is uncertain and in many ways it is a far more difficult passage than our present situation. Yet it can have a crucial impact on the outcome of one’s futue circumstances: when, how, where, and what our new life will be. The Bardo journey can determine future joy and happiness for our lost loved ones, or propel them towards increased and prolonged pain and suffering.
The Bardo Healing rituals use mantra, visualizaation,meditation and the inconceivably great blessing power of enlightened forces such as Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, Dakinis, Yidams, Protectors and so on.
THE EFFECTS of the RITUAL
These spiritual rituals have tremendous positive effects. Even one such practice can :
- Change karma
- Clear obstacles
- Help avoid being enmeshed by negative emotions or thought forms that lead to states of suffering or negative rebirth
- Create ultimate freedom for the departed individual
- Guide them towards their highest spiritual goals and aspirations
- Create an environment of care, love and nurturance while traversing a landscape, all alone, that can be frightening, strange and cut off from all familiar friends and support
TO WHOM DOES THIS APPLY?
The Bardo ritual is suitable for
- Anyone, regardless of their religion, ethnicity or past history, high or low status or whatever their human failings or gifts might have been
- Those that have died very recently
- Those passed away within the last year
- Anyone to whom we have connection, no matter when they passed (25 years, 50 years, etc.), as this ritual benefits them in whatever new existence they find themselves
WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THE RITUAL?
Ritual practices from two different traditions are performed, depending on which one the lamas feel is most worthwhile and appropriate.
CHÖ BARDO RITUAL
The Bardo is the Intermediate State, the place between this life and the next, not completely unlike the Purgatory and Judgement of the ancient Christian, Mithrian and Greek religions. The Bardo Chod ritual or NehDren (Guidance) using the method of Tibet’s greatest woman saint, MaChik Labdron. The reliquary or stupa becomes the symbolic structure by which we clear obstacles and move the person’s soul up the ladder to their ultimate goal of liberation and freedom from fear, pain and confusion.
Lama Jinpa and senior students perform the Bardo Guidance ritual when possible and the need arises. Please request an update if interested!
Send us the name AND birthdate of your dearly departed ones via our slide-out contact form in the right hand corner of each webpage, to have them added to our recurring Bardo Healing rituals.