Cutting Through to Freedom
Tibetan Chö is a tantric & shamanic path for directly interfacing with the most powerful spiritual forces within the realm of our possible experience, as well as our deepest obstacles. It addresses our physical, psychological and spiritual selves, with a fierce compassion that is appropriate for the harsh times in which we live. The Precious Rosary is the epitome of the path of MaChik Labdrön, the great female saint who manifested these powerful teaching over a thousand years ago. To aid Western seekers, Lama Jinpa has created a four-fold path for transmitting this marvelous practice to those who have the karmic propensity and fortitude.
The Precious Rosary
The Precious Rosary of Chod (Tsokley Rinchen Trengwa) is the epitome of MaChik's system of Chöd. The new 2nd (musical) edition of this 300-page hardcover practice text contains thousands of notations for the melodies and damaru/kangling—the perfect complement to over 100 seperate musical tracks available in MP3 format. With Tibetan on the left in B&W, and transliteration and translation on the right, in color the book is organized into its 10 natural sections. The color coding, page numbers and number headings help easily navigate the full ritual or for your individualized practice style.
Hardcover: 8.5 x 11, 300 pages, 150 in full color, BW & Color Illustrations.
2nd Musical Edition, numbered, stamped and signed; $108,
Special upgrade price for 1st Edition owners — $75
The Music of Chöd
The Rinchen Tsokley is a tapestry of haunting and stirring melodies woven together with profound meanings and inherent blessings. Their energetic and vibratory power can be immediately sensed, with lasting healing and transformative effects either when listened to or chanted aloud. This integral part of Chod moves purifies iner channels and shifts our habitual flow of negative energies.
This complete collection of the Precious Rosary melodies is an audio guide for the 30-odd different tunes used in the various sections of the text. The recordings provide a guide to the pronunciation of the Tibetan and the often idiosyncratic phrasing. Listening or playing along, one can easily learn to integrate the melody with the damaru, bell and mantric exclamations. Phat!
Approximately 100 mp3 tracks.
Detailed accompanying booklet
Delivered digitally direct to you" $75.
The companion volume to the full Tibetan / transliteration / translation of the Rinchen Trengwa is formatted and re-edited to reflect, as closely as possible, the poetry and structure of the original ritual text. This beautiful text has 160 color coded pages, a section numbering system, 40 black & white vintage woodblock prints and seven full color images. It is designed for a flowing read that fosters an appreciation of the depth of meaning and inherent power of MaChik’s original tradition.
1. HARD COVER: full color, stamped and numbered in half-page format (5.5 x 8.5) — $35 via the author.
2. SOFT-COVER: full color format as above — $30 On Amazon.
Live Sessions—Music & Meanings!
For those that acquire the bundle of all three modules [Text (1st or 2nd edition), English and Music] there are weekly live Zoom sessions starting in August where we will go over specific sections or melodic pieces with notes and teachings on their meaning. Learn while doing!
Free Downloads of Pegyal Lingpa and Chöd Texts through the "Free Stuff" Menu Tab...
School of Tibetan Healing Chöd
Chod is a spiritual path that "cuts through" obstacles, negativity and self-delusion, while relying on Feminine Wisdom energy to purify body, mind and spirit. Combining all the elements of Tibetan Buddhism in a single practice, it brings about a direct experience of one's inner brilliance and original wisdom. The practice of Chod cultivates fearlessness, certainty and unrelenting compassion, connecting us to our deepest core. The unique combination of sacred song, ritual instruments, meditation and visualization creates a rich tapestry that reweaves our everyday experience and redefines our limited sense of self. It is also the practice of ultimate and relentless generosity, pacifying the sickness, suffering and spiritual blindness of sentient beings, and healing disturbed environmental energies.
The School of Chod was created to deliver the a comprehensive training in the living traditions of Chod, as preserved in the vast and isolated Himalayan regions for a millennium. This multi-part program provides an opportunity to learn the full scope of Chöd, giving them the ability to:
- Clear hindering karmic stains, accumulated over thousands of lifetimes.
- Heal others, purifying the five elements of body and mind.
- Heal the land, and change disturbances in the environment.
- Experience true warriorship, creativity, human warmth, grounding and the wisdom of the the five-fold mandala of Sacred Being.
We will discover a vast and profound reservoir of methods for benefiting oneself and others within the field of Chod. Through progressive studies, participants will become conversant with all the texts associated with the Chod of MaChik, Nyingtig and Dudjom systems, as well as that of other treasure revealors. With live trainings and distance learning modules one can can receive a comprehensive trainings as a Chopa; And gain the ability to take the brilliance and power of this ancient, yet living Chod tradition into the complexity and chaos of modern life.
- Training in the basic principles of Chod background, ritual structure, offerings, guests, etc.
- The meaning, function and use of damaru, kangling and bell.
- Machik Yidam practice, the Dentok Chikma.
- MaChik SolDeb: Mahamudra Chod view and explanation.
- Two brief powerful Chod practices: Kusali Tsok and PeGyal Chod.
- 4 Prayers to the MaChik's reliquery, MaChik Confession Prayer.
- Each topic is a separate track in the learning modules, and the melodies sung slowly and in isolation by Lama Jinpa.
- Training in the daily Chod Lujin, as practiced in the Kagyu tradition
- the Chod Ngondro of Shuksep Ani Lochen
- The 13 Red and White Feasts
- Chod Long Life Practice from the tradition of Dharma Shri.
- Evoking the 8 Great Charnel Grounds of PeGyal Lingpa.
- Extended set of 5 DVDs available.
- Training in the Rinpoche Tsogley Trengwa and full day practices.
- Crown jewel of Chod, embracing the whole Chod tradition.
- Hard cover, 200 page tex of the Precious Rosary..
- Includes all 13 Red and White Feasts, healing section, etc.
- Most melodious and exquisite of the 4styles of this core ritual.
- Includes Protector practice, Kangwa, Dakini practice, guru yoga.
- Torma fabrication and detailed shrine set-up.
- Separate module of all melodies, chanted slowly, with all drumming and musical notations, etc.
- Over 38 different melodies, each with their own name (this information is almost extinct!)
MODULE 5: The Healing Rituals
Available as a Distance Learning Module
- Training in the SIX healing rituals directly from MaChik.
- Nail of the Four Elements, Offering in 6 Parts
- Feast of the 9 Demons, 100 Changbu Torma Offering.
- Nail of the Fire Element (Viral Diseases and Wildfires!)
- The meaning of Ransom and the practice of torma making.
- Introduction to Elemental Healing in relation to Chod.
- Includes audio and necessary video
- Training in the Chod Nehdren or After-Death Guidance ritual.
- Directly from the tradition of MaChik, in the compilation of the Precious Rosary.
- Purification of the karma of the deceased, elemental clearing
- Sur offering and guidance to avoid the 6 realms and achieve the experience of Pure Realms.
- Uses a unique thangka or picture of a golden stupa, as we guide the deceased through the six possible rebirths to Dewachen.
The Distance Connection
In order to make these precious teachings available to the widest possible audience, the entire comprehensive training in Chod is being offering as a distance learning model. Students receive all texts, slides, sound files of teachings and sadhanas, as well as live online transmissions and empowerments. Thus suitable practitioners anywhere in the world can now draw great benefit from this training, and ultimately spread the teachings of even further.
Successful completion of the six basic modules provides, on the inner level, a tremendous range of training, experience and the beginning of real expertise in the spiritual art of Chod. On an external level it genuinely entitles you to a meaningful certification as a Chopa.
Latest from the Chöd Blog....
The final consummation of the human journey—the ultimate fulfillment of our possibility of finding this precious human birth—is the Light Body. Its birth and maturation requires many steps, but its final stage is a process of union, and that means the union of opposites. If we look at our inner and outer worlds, we see […]
The possibility of developing a Rainbow or Light Body from our physical organism is a profoundly important ancient truth that has come out of hiding in recent decades. This biophotonic structure can survive beyond the material organism, acting as a vehicle for a transformed consciousness—a luminous sphere of existence. But in the short time that […]
Science & the Rainbow Body — Part 2 The human body-mind complex has many hidden secrets, some literally in plain view. While we are all subject to internal chatter and verbal “thinking,” about two-thirds of us experience images along with thoughts. And for about half of these folks, this is a dominant part of their […]
When Science meets spirit When Fritz-Albert Popp first discovered that all living cells emit light—biophotons—he could not have anticipated the revolution this would create in the fields of both biology and physics. Since then, there has been a tidal wave of research and the emergence of the pioneering fields of biophotonic diagnosis, biophysics, biofields and […]
The Big Investment A few years ago, a friend of mine was ready, along with his wife, to retire. They had invested their life savings, the work of 20 years, to fund their golden years. Unfortunately, it was with a man named Madoff. In a single moment they lost it all to this con artist […]
The Domra The domra is a unique type of head or facial ornament, brought to Tibet by the great master of Shijé, Padampa Sangye. The origin of its name remains vague, and no informant has yet been able to verify the roots of the term. The tomra consists of a short visor, not unlike one […]