Cutting Through to Freedom
Tibetan Chö is a tantric & shamanic path for directly interfacing with the most powerful spiritual forces within the realm of our possible experience, as well as our deepest obstacles. It addresses our physical, psychological and spiritual selves, with a fierce compassion that is appropriate for the harsh times in which we live. The Precious Rosary is the epitome of the path of MaChik Labdrön, the great female saint who manifested these powerful teaching over a thousand years ago. To aid Western seekers, Lama Jinpa has created a four-fold path for transmitting this marvelous practice to those who have the karmic propensity and fortitude.
The Precious Rosary
The Precious Rosary of Chod (Tsokley Rinchen Trengwa) is the epitome of MaChik's system of Chöd. The new 2nd (musical) edition of this 300-page hardcover practice text contains thousands of notations for the melodies and damaru/kangling—the perfect complement to over 100 seperate musical tracks available in MP3 format. With Tibetan on the left in B&W, and transliteration and translation on the right, in color the book is organized into its 10 natural sections. The color coding, page numbers and number headings help easily navigate the full ritual or for your individualized practice style.
Hardcover: 8.5 x 11, 300 pages, 150 in full color, BW & Color Illustrations.
2nd Musical Edition, numbered, stamped and signed; $108,
Special upgrade price for 1st Edition owners — $75
The Music of Chöd
The Rinchen Tsokley is a tapestry of haunting and stirring melodies woven together with profound meanings and inherent blessings. Their energetic and vibratory power can be immediately sensed, with lasting healing and transformative effects either when listened to or chanted aloud. This integral part of Chod moves purifies iner channels and shifts our habitual flow of negative energies.
This complete collection of the Precious Rosary melodies is an audio guide for the 30-odd different tunes used in the various sections of the text. The recordings provide a guide to the pronunciation of the Tibetan and the often idiosyncratic phrasing. Listening or playing along, one can easily learn to integrate the melody with the damaru, bell and mantric exclamations. Phat!
Approximately 100 mp3 tracks.
Detailed accompanying booklet
Delivered digitally direct to you" $75.
The companion volume to the full Tibetan / transliteration / translation of the Rinchen Trengwa is formatted and re-edited to reflect, as closely as possible, the poetry and structure of the original ritual text. This beautiful text has 160 color coded pages, a section numbering system, 40 black & white vintage woodblock prints and seven full color images. It is designed for a flowing read that fosters an appreciation of the depth of meaning and inherent power of MaChik’s original tradition.
1. HARD COVER: full color, stamped and numbered in half-page format (5.5 x 8.5) — $35 via the author.
2. SOFT-COVER: full color format as above — $30 On Amazon.
Live Sessions—Music & Meanings!
For those that acquire the bundle of all three modules [Text (1st or 2nd edition), English and Music] there are weekly live Zoom sessions starting in August where we will go over specific sections or melodic pieces with notes and teachings on their meaning. Learn while doing!
Free Downloads of Pegyal Lingpa and Chöd Texts through the "Free Stuff" Menu Tab...
School of Tibetan Healing Chöd
Chod is a spiritual path that "cuts through" obstacles, negativity and self-delusion, while relying on Feminine Wisdom energy to purify body, mind and spirit. Combining all the elements of Tibetan Buddhism in a single practice, it brings about a direct experience of one's inner brilliance and original wisdom. The practice of Chod cultivates fearlessness, certainty and unrelenting compassion, connecting us to our deepest core. The unique combination of sacred song, ritual instruments, meditation and visualization creates a rich tapestry that reweaves our everyday experience and redefines our limited sense of self. It is also the practice of ultimate and relentless generosity, pacifying the sickness, suffering and spiritual blindness of sentient beings, and healing disturbed environmental energies.
The School of Chod was created to deliver the a comprehensive training in the living traditions of Chod, as preserved in the vast and isolated Himalayan regions for a millennium. This multi-part program provides an opportunity to learn the full scope of Chöd, giving them the ability to:
- Clear hindering karmic stains, accumulated over thousands of lifetimes.
- Heal others, purifying the five elements of body and mind.
- Heal the land, and change disturbances in the environment.
- Experience true warriorship, creativity, human warmth, grounding and the wisdom of the the five-fold mandala of Sacred Being.
We will discover a vast and profound reservoir of methods for benefiting oneself and others within the field of Chod. Through progressive studies, participants will become conversant with all the texts associated with the Chod of MaChik, Nyingtig and Dudjom systems, as well as that of other treasure revealors. With live trainings and distance learning modules one can can receive a comprehensive trainings as a Chopa; And gain the ability to take the brilliance and power of this ancient, yet living Chod tradition into the complexity and chaos of modern life.
- Training in the basic principles of Chod background, ritual structure, offerings, guests, etc.
- The meaning, function and use of damaru, kangling and bell.
- Machik Yidam practice, the Dentok Chikma.
- MaChik SolDeb: Mahamudra Chod view and explanation.
- Two brief powerful Chod practices: Kusali Tsok and PeGyal Chod.
- 4 Prayers to the MaChik's reliquery, MaChik Confession Prayer.
- Each topic is a separate track in the learning modules, and the melodies sung slowly and in isolation by Lama Jinpa.
- Training in the daily Chod Lujin, as practiced in the Kagyu tradition
- the Chod Ngondro of Shuksep Ani Lochen
- The 13 Red and White Feasts
- Chod Long Life Practice from the tradition of Dharma Shri.
- Evoking the 8 Great Charnel Grounds of PeGyal Lingpa.
- Extended set of 5 DVDs available.
- Training in the Rinpoche Tsogley Trengwa and full day practices.
- Crown jewel of Chod, embracing the whole Chod tradition.
- Hard cover, 200 page tex of the Precious Rosary..
- Includes all 13 Red and White Feasts, healing section, etc.
- Most melodious and exquisite of the 4styles of this core ritual.
- Includes Protector practice, Kangwa, Dakini practice, guru yoga.
- Torma fabrication and detailed shrine set-up.
- Separate module of all melodies, chanted slowly, with all drumming and musical notations, etc.
- Over 38 different melodies, each with their own name (this information is almost extinct!)
MODULE 5: The Healing Rituals
Available as a Distance Learning Module
- Training in the SIX healing rituals directly from MaChik.
- Nail of the Four Elements, Offering in 6 Parts
- Feast of the 9 Demons, 100 Changbu Torma Offering.
- Nail of the Fire Element (Viral Diseases and Wildfires!)
- The meaning of Ransom and the practice of torma making.
- Introduction to Elemental Healing in relation to Chod.
- Includes audio and necessary video
- Training in the Chod Nehdren or After-Death Guidance ritual.
- Directly from the tradition of MaChik, in the compilation of the Precious Rosary.
- Purification of the karma of the deceased, elemental clearing
- Sur offering and guidance to avoid the 6 realms and achieve the experience of Pure Realms.
- Uses a unique thangka or picture of a golden stupa, as we guide the deceased through the six possible rebirths to Dewachen.
The Distance Connection
In order to make these precious teachings available to the widest possible audience, the entire comprehensive training in Chod is being offering as a distance learning model. Students receive all texts, slides, sound files of teachings and sadhanas, as well as live online transmissions and empowerments. Thus suitable practitioners anywhere in the world can now draw great benefit from this training, and ultimately spread the teachings of even further.
Successful completion of the six basic modules provides, on the inner level, a tremendous range of training, experience and the beginning of real expertise in the spiritual art of Chod. On an external level it genuinely entitles you to a meaningful certification as a Chopa.
Latest from the Chöd Blog....
The Two Functions You live within an amazing transformative machine. It’s called the body. It has two very different functions. I would guess that ninety-nine percent of people use it for only for the first, which is to eat, sleep, excrete, reproduce, have a variety of pleasant, painful and interesting experiences, and die. The second […]
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines impurity as something adulterated, contaminated, diluted, polluted, tainted, thinned, weakened. That paints a vivid picture and conjures up meaning, wherever we may choose to focus. Some ideas of purity and impurity are culture-based, learned beliefs. But many are hardwired, innate realities that are associated with these words….
There are good reasons why we should want to know our Buddha-Elemental family connection, organically and inherently. It directs us towards the deities, protectors, meditations and mantras that are aligned with our nature.
Since the five Buddha families are also expressed as the five Elements, this orientation can be a roadmap to one’s entire life trajectory. We expect a strong correspondence between spiritual typology, psychological type, and body type, giving guidance towards our career, lifestyle, diet, activities and more.
The Elemental Conundrum The five Elements are the very bedrock of Vajrayana. Which makes it all the more extraordinary that, to date, there has been no attempt to define more precisely what these phenomena are, and how they exist as principles that structure our entire world. Those master yogins and yoginis that have achieved an […]
Five Becomes Three Iam obsessed with the five element model, certain at my core that it is a fundamental formative principle of body, mind, world, life. But it is not the only operant system that still alludes modern science. The Law of Three also pervades our experience, and knowledge of its workings is a feature […]
We have spoken about the biophysical and conceptual aspects of Rainbow Body formation from various angles. But how do we proceed in the actual process? Of course, the whole of the Vajrayana moves in that direction, but certain crucial pieces are missing from the description and application of tantric methods. This may explain why, after […]
The Road Beyond this Life An individual who achieves a fully perfected Light Body or Rainbow Body in this very life is like a hologram, a gossamer web of photons, a powerful electromagnetic field that holds to human form until that allotted moment when it is time to leave the bubble of flesh behind. In […]
In the vast garden of Vajrayana Buddhism, with its riotous profusion of fragrances and textures, its fantastic hues of greens, golds and red, one flower stands out. The shimmering foliage seems to branch endlessly, expressing itself now as diaphanous petals, now as thorny stems, now as plump and luscious fruits. This unique plant is both […]
To create a Light Body is not magic, nor the result of wishful thinking. It is science—transformational science. A new embodiment made of quarks and photons does not arise without cause, nor without the interaction of many moving parts. Like everything else in our manifest world, the process follows specific steps and stages. Just like […]
Rainbow Body. Image courtesy of the author Back to purity Within the great enterprise of Light Body creation is a great mystery that is rarely addressed: what is the relationship between the Five Elements and the transformation of a physical form into one of gossamer radiance? We purify the elements through the practice of visualization, […]
The Missing Elemental Link We have looked at some aspects of what modern biophysics, biophotonics, phonics (sound), and neurology can bring to our understanding of the Light Body. And the anatomical discovery of the microscopic primo vascular system and fascial tissue give us new perspectives on tsas, nadis, meridians, and the body’s energy channels in […]
Further Union In our continued investigation of the process of inner union, we have looked at the meaning and practice of uniting our left and right sides. These could be expressed as our male-female polarity or rationality and intuition. We also began to examine the union of our upper and lower poles, the literal unity […]