CHOD: CUTTING THROUGH
Chod is a spiritual path that “cuts through” obstacles, negativity and self-delusion, while relying on Feminine Wisdom energy to purify body, mind and spirit. Combining all the elements of Tibetan Buddhism in a single practice, it brings about a direct experience of one’s inner brilliance and original wisdom. The practice of Chod cultivates fearlessness, certainty and unrelenting compassion, connecting us to our deepest core. The unique combination of sacred song, ritual instruments, meditation and visualization creates a rich tapestry that reweaves our everyday experience and redefines our limited sense of self. It is also the practice of ultimate and relentless generosity, pacifying the sickness, suffering and spiritual blindness of sentient beings, and healing disturbed environmental energies.
THE SCHOOL of TIBETAN HEALING CHO
The School of Tibetan Healing Chod was created to deliver the world’s only comprehensive training in the living traditions of Chod, as preserved in the vast and isolated Himalayan regions for a millennium. This six-part program provides an opportunity to learn the full scope of Chod, giving them the ability to:
- Clear hindering karmic stains, accumulated over thousands of lifetimes.
- Heal others, purifying the five elements of body and mind.
- Heal the land, and change disturbances in the environment.
- Experience true warriorship, creativity, human warmth, grounding and the wisdom of the the five-fold mandala of Sacred Being.
BASIC COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM
We will discover a vast and profound reservoir of methods for benefiting oneself and others within the field of Chod. Through progressive studies, participants will become conversant with all the texts associated with the Chod of MaChik, Nyingtig and Dudjom systems, as well as that of other treasure revealors. With live trainings and distance learning modules one can can receive a comprehensive trainings as a Chopa; And gain the ability to take the brilliance and power of this ancient, yet living Chod tradition into the complexity and chaos of modern life.
Click on the Module number or icon on the right to link to the Module details.
MODULE 1: ENTERING the MANDALA
Available as a Distance Learning Module
- Training in the basic principles of Chod background, ritual structure, offerings, guests, etc.
- The meaning, function and use of damaru, kangling and bell.
- Machik Yidam practice, the Dentok Chikma.
- MaChik SolDeb: Mahamudra Chod view and explanation.
- Two brief powerful Chod practices: Kusali Tsok and PeGyal Chod.
- 4 Prayers to the MaChik’s reliquery, MaChik Confession Prayer.
- Each topic is a separate track in the learning modules, and the melodies sung slowly and in isolation by Lama Jinpa.
MODULE 2: MACHIK TRADITION
Available as Distance Learning Module
- Training in the daily Chod Lujin, as practiced in the Kagyu tradition
- the Chod Ngondro of Shuksep Ani Lochen
- The 13 Red and White Feasts
- Chod Long Life Practice from the tradition of Dharma Shri.
- Evoking the 8 Great Charnel Grounds of PeGyal Lingpa.
- Extended set of 5 DVDs available.
MODULE 4: THE GRAND CYCLES of CHOD
Coming Fall of 2015
- Training in the Rinpoche Tsogley Trengwa and full day practices.
- This is the crowning glory of Chod rituals, encompassing the whole of the art and science of Chod, which has been newly translated by Lama Jinpa
- Includes all 13 Red and White Feasts, healing section, etc.
- Most melodious and exquisite of the four styles of doing this core ritual.
- Includes Chod Protector practice, Kangwa, Dakini practice, guru yoga.
- Over 38 different melodies, each with their own name (this information is almost extinct!)
- The meaning of Tsok; Using the RTT as a short daily practice.. etc.
- Torma fabrication and detailed shrine set-up.
MODULE 5: THE HEALING RITUALS
Available Now as a Distance Learning Module
- Training in the 4 main healing rituals of MaChik.
- Nail of the Four Elements, Offering in 6 Parts
- Feast of the 9 Demons, 100 Changbu Torma Offering.
- The meaning of Ransom and the practice of torma making.
- Introduction to Elemental Healing in relation to Chod.
- Includes autio and PDF CD and video DVD.
- Module 5 extended set of 8 DVDs available.
MODULE 6: DUDJOM CHOD
Available in Spring of 2016
- Lujin and daily practice of Dudjom Lingpa’s Chod tradition.
- The Four Feasts and Troma Yidam practice (Ngondro).
- The module will be conduced and filmed in Nepal in 2016
- Introduction to the full-day Dudjom Troma Chöd.
MODULE 7: BARDO CHOD—AFTER DEATH CARE
Available Now as a Distance Learning Module
- Training in the Chod Nehdren or After-Death Guidance ritual.
- Directly from the tradition of MaChik, collected in the compilation of the Precious Rosary of Teachings.
- Purification of the karma of the deceased, elemental clearing, Sur offering (nourishment in the Bardo) and guidance to avoid the 6 realms and achieve the experience of Pure Realms.
- Uses a unique thangka or picture of a golden stupa, as we guide the deceased through the six possible rebirths to Dewachen.
The Distance Connection
In order to make these precious teachings available to the widest possible audience, the entire comprehensive training in Chod is being offering as a distance learning model. Students receive all texts, slides, sound files of teachings and sadhanas, as well as live online transmissions and empowerments. Thus suitable practitioners anywhere in the world can now draw great benefit from this training, and ultimately spread the teachings of even further. For more details on distance learning, click here. CLICK on the images BELOW to see details of each Module